Please fill in the form and click on SUBMIT at the end to mail it to me. If you want to change anything, RESET will wipe everything and you can start again.
Please note that since the game is not currently scheduled to run, the casting form has been disabled.
Microsoft Word XP/2003
Adobe Acrobat (pdf)
Rich Text Format (RTF)
Previous Experience - roughly how many others games of this sort have you played in?
1 - 3
3 - 10
More than I care to remember
Write them, run them, play them...
Where are you playing the game?
Chicago October 2008
Consequences November 2008
What age range are you happy to play:
How old are you :
You can choose to play in either the 1928 or the 2008 run. Note that
the same types of characters are available in both runs, so you won't be
restricting your choice of character by your choice of run. The only real
restriction is costume. For the 1928 run, we really want players to dress
the part, so if you aren't into costuming, please choose the 2008 run.
Please enter a "Y" if you would like to play in a run and "N" if
you really don't want to play in that run. If you don't mind which run
you're in, please leave both boxes blank, while if you have a preference for
one, but will play in the other, put a "Y" in that run and leave the other
run blank. Don't put "Y" in both!
What character would you like to play? Please enter a "Y" if you would like to play a particular type of character and a "N" if you don't want to play the character type. It will be assumed that you don't
mind playing any of the character types that you don't mark.
Hotel Staff :
Law Enforcement :
Private Investigators :
Meddling Do-gooders :
1. Leader of a faction/group :
2. Member of a faction/group :
3. Popular and respected by my peers :
4. Despised by (almost) everyone :
5. Interested in furthering own ends above all else:
6. Would put others before yourself :
7. Desires to increase power/wealth :
8. Has no desire to increase power/wealth :
9. Interested in truth and justice :
10. Has a guiding philosophy/allegiance :
11. Is loyal to friends/organisation/peer group :
12. Would sell your own grandmother :
13. Has a romantic interest :
14. Is involved in an adulterous relationship :
15. Has family or other ties to another character :
16. Has ties to a character in the other run :
17. Enjoys killing :
18. Kills when it is required :
19. Will only kill when absolutely necessary :
20. Would never kill another :
21. Is an undercover agent :
22. Is an informant :
23. Knows what's going on! :
As before, please choose which type of character you want with a "Y" or put an "N" if you don't want that type of character.
Plot Driver :
Difficult, but not impossible
Don't mind how easy/difficult they are
Is there anything else you'd like to tell me that would help me
in casting? In particular, there are several characters who are romantically
linked or who are working as part of a team. If there is anyone you would
particularly like to be cast with or who you'd prefer to avoid, now is the
time to say so.
A short sketch of your favourite/perfect character or what roles
you like/dislike would also help...
One last thing. If there are any character traits that you have marked with an "N" that you absolutely don't want to have, or anything else you absolutely don't want to play that isn't covered in the above choices (eg if you don't want to play a character who is a priest) then please tell me here.
Please note that the box is space limited. If , like me, you write reams of stuff, and a scroll bar appears on the right hand side of the box, you will break the form. Please don't let that stop you if you have more to write: just send me the additional details by